THE CAMBRIDGE ADVANCED LEVEL (A-LEVEL)
(Grade 11th to Grade 12th )
The General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE Advanced Level) or more commonly, the A Level, is a school leaving qualification offered by the education body -Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) in more than 160 countries. It prepares learners aged 16 to 19 years who need advanced study to prepare for university or higher education. Candidates who have completed their CBSE-X/IGCSE/O-Level or equivalent level successfully may be admitted to do this programme.
The Cambridge A-Level is completed by a student over a period of two years and is split into two parts, with one part studied in each year.
The first year is called the Advanced Subsidiary level, or AS Level.
The second year is known as the A2 Level.
The AS Level is a qualification in its own right, and the AS Level combined with the A2 Level form the complete A-Level qualification.
A number of countries use Cambridge A-Level as a University entry examination.
THE CHOICE OF BODHI INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL TO OFFER CAMBRIDGE AS/A LEVEL
Bodhi International School (BIS) wants to lay solid foundation for its student’s educational journey. Cambridge AS/A levels help our school improve learner’s performance as well as academic and career options. Learners develop not only knowledge and understanding, but also skills in creative thinking, inquiry and problem solving, helping them to perform well and prepare for their tertiary education.
Cambridge Assessment International Education, CAIE is the world’s largest provider of international education programs and qualifications for 5 to 19-year olds. Bodhi International School is affiliated to the University of Cambridge, one of the world’s top universities and trusted for excellence in education. Cambridge qualifications are recognized by the world’s universities and employers. AS and A-levels are internationally recognized qualifications that are required for entry into many university courses and professional training programmes. AS and A-levels can help learners:
- Get admission into Local and International Universities.
- Explore the subjects they love.
- Find better career opportunities.
- Pass the language tests for emigrating or studying in another country.
- Develop skills that help you lead a more exciting and successful life.
Thousands of learners use Cambridge International AS and A Levels every year to gain places at leading universities worldwide, including India, UK, US, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. They are regarded as a passport to success. All UK universities and over 450 US universities accept Cambridge International A -Level qualifications, including Harvard, MIT, Stanford and Yale. In places such as the US and Canada, good grades in carefully chosen Cambridge International A Level subjects can result in up to one year of university course credit.
Having studied the Advanced Level curricula of several countries, we (BIS) have chosen to offer the Cambridge University Curriculum based on the benefits and recognition it commands.
The aims of BIS’s AS/A level program are to:
- Provide quality education to children in Lesotho so that they can compete favourably locally and globally.
- Develop an understanding of the global needs and expectations in learners, who are the global leaders of tomorrow.
- Improve the standard of the school to be world class.
- Saving the unnecessarily long time spent tarrying at school, however slow learners will still have ample time they need.
- Boost the morale of the students towards standing for their rights in the global arena.
- Equip the students with positive self-concept and confidence in themselves.
- Broaden the career spectrum for the students.
- Expose the students to work hard, research and knowledge-oriented approach towards their studies.
- Level the curriculum to be consistent with the ever-changing demands of the globe.
- Change the students into survivors in the society where the motto is survival of the fittest.
Our studies reveal that learners who have successfully completed IGCSE/COSC/LGCSE/O-Level and wish to study courses like Medicine and Engineering have to bridge or to spend some year(s) doing BSC before they can get admissions into these courses.
With this observation we wish to offer Cambridge AS and A-Level education to learners who wish to further their studies in:
- Medical Science
To make the program more accommodating and thus to benefit many, we shall also offer subjects leading to:
- Mass communication
AS-Level entrants must have passed 5 subjects with a minimum of a C grade at IGCSE /O-Level/CBSE-X or any other equivalent board. This should include English.
A-Level students should have passed either:
5 subjects with a minimum grade of C including English at IGCSE/O-Level/CBSE-X or any other equivalent board.,
The AS-Level is to be offered in only one year while the A-Level is a two-year program.